Poker Forum - Tips For Poker Message Board  

Go Back   Poker Forum - Tips For Poker Message Board > Poker Forums > Psychology
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Silver Member

TOPS is on a distinguished road
Cool

I do the same thing every time. I sing a certain chorus of a song before I make any move. It doesn't matter if I am holding 72 off or if I am holding the nuts. I use the same play each and every time. I have tried different methods, but this one seems to work the best for me.

Last edited by tiptheboss; 12-17-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
TRIPLE BLACK DIAMOND MEMBER

card4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nice
It is harder to pick up on online tells if you are just a casual player becuase you typically will not be playing with the same group of people for very long so it is hard to take notes on their play.

Also, a lot of times I suspect people are just goofing off or playing drunk becuase they will reraise you twice with garbage when you are holding the nuts. What kind of notes do you put down for that (player x gives his money away)

A lot of online player try to get tricky on the flop and preflop but will back down if you play back at them. If you find you are at a table with a tricky player who you think is more skillful than you, there is no shame in leaving the table.

One thing a lot of players do is let ego get in the way of making money which is not good poker strategy. Prey on the fish, let the sharks fight amoungst themselves.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:21 AM
Silver Member

like2relax is on a distinguished road
I think honestly, a lot of the tells for online are true. But then again, there are millions of ppl with so many different types of play, especially online, that the best bet is to just play carefully and tight online, rather than looking for tells and being aggressive, just play your hand i'd say.

I know that:
-taking too long and checking is a weakness, but what about this?

you make a bet, and the opponent in position calls you right away. Is this a weakness or strength??
Old 10-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Silver Member

srrumy is on a distinguished road
thanks... guys...